Black Sheep Coffee Head Office
Contract type: Permanent
Place of work: Black Sheep Head Office, Southwark, Central London
Reports to: Management Accountant
Position Profile & Role summary
This role will report into the Management Accountant and provide full support to the finance team. As the business has expanded rapidly we require a self motivated individual to assist with Finance tasks and oversee the Accounts Payable function.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the team and progress with their career in a fast growing business. We would look to sponsor the right candidate through their CIMA/ACCA/AAT studies if desired.
● Overseeing Accounts Payable function
● Managing the staff expenses management system
● Supplier management and monthly supplier statement reconciliations
● Support period end financial closing activities for Accounts Payable
● Assist the Management Accountant in posting journal entries at month end
● Reconciling bank statements in Xero daily – allocating to correct GL code with the required support evidence
● Send remittance advices for payments and turnover certificates to landlords
● Assisting the Finance Director on filings for Companies House, HMRC and any international filing requirements
● Assisting with payroll and eventually taking over the running of payroll
● Other ad hoc work as necessary
● Working with supply chain in administration in Fourth (Inventory system) including setting up new products, updating allergen and nutrition's
Essential requirements – Skills, Qualifications & Experience
● An intermediate user on all Microsoft Office based products (primarily Excel)
● Experience with software tools such as Fourth and Xero preferred but not essential
● Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise
● Team player
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Highly organised
We are a relatively young company with a very ambitious future. You will be paid competitively and of course, can have as much free coffee and tea as you can drink as well as a great discount on our coffee beans, food items in store, merch and booze. We work hard and we play hard too. Our summer and Christmas parties are not to be missed!
About Black Sheep Coffee…
Founded in 2013 when a group of friends decided to quit their jobs on the same day to “Leave The Herd Behind” and embark on a coffee mission of ridding the world of boring, average-tasting coffee.
Black Sheep Coffee is famous for launching the first 100% specialty grade robusta coffee and the only premium robusta bean on the market (X2 caffeine – get your buzz on!). Our Founders, Gabriel and Eirik, travel to origins throughout the year to source the best beans in the world. In fact, we are one of the few shop retailers that purchase our beans directly at the plantations, looking after the picking, drying, and washing process according to the strictest of guidelines – all in search of the perfect bean.